The Ceretai Manifesto
Ceretai is still a young company, developing and improving every day. However, we are proud to say that the same vision has been guiding us since the day this ambitious idea was born.
Over the past two years, we have been in the spotlight on far-reaching stages to speak of our product and services, aims and prospects, values and beliefs. We have appeared on the pages of well-respected publications to declare what Ceretai stands for.
For us, manifesting our intentions is just as important as showing the world who we are and what we do. So with that in mind we here offer a couple of reasons, answers, motivation points, all the whys and hows that make Ceretai what we are.
- Ceretai’s vision is a more equal and tolerant world. Our way to reach this goal is to create awareness around inequalities, norms and stereotypes in media and popular culture, especially in film and TV.
- Ceretai supports the media industry in measuring and monitoring equality and diversity in their content, and the audiences in choosing content that is aligned with their values.
- Ceretai believes in data and automation. We achieve our goals by automating the collection of and creating transparency around data.
- Every person has the right to choose which content they consume, and every company has the right to choose which content they produce or distribute. Ceretai will not censor or filter anything.
- Ceretai believes in the individual’s right to self-identification. We do not assume binary gender and we are aware of the limitations of our technologies. We constantly work to make our algorithms more inclusive.
- We believe it is of utmost importance to ask the right questions, measure the right things, and do it in the right way. This is why we combine social sciences and anti-discrimination research with machine learning technologies and ethical AI implementation.
- Ceretai is a pioneer in creating business models using AI for social sustainability. This means we are among the first to attempt to make a change in this way. It also means we have to use a trial-and-error approach, and that sometimes we will fail.
- Ceretai exists with the intention to create awareness and influence change in our society, but we are not a non-profit organization; we sell products and services.
- Stereotypes, norms, and discrimination easily become political topics, but Ceretai is politically independent.